Sunday, November 4, 2007

Elijah's First Sleep Over

On Friday night Nanny and Poppy came over to visit us. We had pizza and watched a movie and played with them. When they were about to leave, Nanny asked Elijah when he was going to spend the night with them. He said he was ready now, so we explained to him that mommy and daddy weren't coming with him and he'd have to stay the whole night with out us. He still wanted to go so we packed up his over night bag. We put his car seat in the car and he still was so excited. Little Adrie wanted to go too, but we knew she wasn't ready yet. So mommy promised her we'd go to UDF and get her some special ice cream while Elijah was gone. She cried and cried as Elijah left with Nanny and Poppy. As soon as they left, she said she was sad and wanted to say good bye to Elijah cause she missed him. Mommy took her to UDF and she got to choose a scoop of ice cream (she chose rainbow sherbet). Once we got home I let her call Elijah and talk to him. She felt much better.

On Saturday mommy and Ezra picked Elijah up from Nanny and Poppy's house around 3:00 pm. He said he had a great time. He was to scared to sleep in the granbaby room at Nanny's by himself so he got to sleep in between Nanny and Poppy in their bed. He didn't even wake up once...he slept the whole night. He said he got to play a lot with Poppy. He said they played parade with the toys, took a ride on the tractor, watched TV, and ate Popsicles. He said he didn't even cry once. Our little boy is growing up to quick!

3 comments:

Brooklyn said...

Elijah you are such a big boy! I bet your grandparent's had just as much fun as you did!

Anonymous said...

Hi Elijah, this is Nanny Joe, I just love you blog site. I want to tell you just how much we enjoyed your staying over night with us. I missed you so much when you left. The next time you can bring Adrielle. I just love you kids so very much. Poppy said howdy...love ya,Nanny Joe

Unknown said...

Aw he's such a cutie but I do have to correct one thing, since I am the 3rd oldest cousin and I am sure that I speak for Whitney and Justin and probably others, when I say that it is papaw not POPPY... Urrr! Little Elijah needs to be corrected before it's too late. haha I'm sure he did have fun at Papaw's though