Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Ezra's big fall...

Yesterday was a very bad day for our family. We had an electrician come over to our house to fix an outlet. I showed him to the basement and showed him where the box was and such. He went back up to his truck to grab some tools, and left the basement door open. I was still turning on lights in the basement for the electrician when I heard Ezra fall all the way down the basement steps. There are about 15 steps and they are not carpeted...unfinished with concrete floors at the bottom. I ran to the steps and was able to catch him before he fell to the floor. I screamed for Will and he rushed down and called for an ambulance. He was conscious, but totally not aware of his surroundings for a few minutes and was really sleepy looking. He was trying hard to stay awake. They rushed him to Children's Hospital downtown. I was really impressed with that hospital. They thoroughly checked him over and kept him for a couple hours to observe him. He is all right but suffered a major concussion and has several bumps and bruises on his head and body. It was a huge scare to say the least. I still have that vision of him falling going over and over in my head. I could not get any sleep last night. We had to wake him up every hour or two to be sure he could wake up and respond to us. He still isn't himself. He just wanted to be held all day. I bet he is really sore. What a day! Poor lil guy. Boy, they are so quick at this age! We are so blessed there were no major injuries or broken bones. In the pictures Ezra is doing his new favorite thing...pulling himself up and cruising. He gets so excited once he finally pulls himself up all the way.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh!! How scary for you all. I am SO glad he is ok!