Saturday, September 1, 2007

I'll give you the Shirt off my back...

The cutest thing happened yesterday in the car that I just had to blog about. One of those memories I really want to look back upon and remember. Any ways, we were in the car running a quick errand and Ezra was really fussing and crying. I knew he was tired and he also wanted his blankie, which I forgot to bring. He is already so attached to his blankie and hasn't been able to fall asleep with out it lately. When all of a sudden I heard Ezra calm down and suddenly stopped screaming. I looked in my rear-view mirror and Elijah said "I took care of the problem mommy. He wanted his blankie but we didn't bring it so I let him snuggle with my shirt. I'm a good big brother aren't I mommy? I like to take care of my little brother." Here he had some how taken his shirt off while buckled in his car seat and gave it to the baby and let him snuggle with it. It brought tears to my eyes. I sure hope Elijah is always the sweet, affectionate, innocent, kind hearted, loving, lil' Elijah he is now. I pray my children will always look out for one another and to others and always be willing to "give them the shirt off their backs." Ezra actually fell right to sleep and slept with Elijah's shirt the rest of the night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, that is possibly the sweetest thing I have ever read! Thank you for sharing that with us. What a loving little guy you have there!

Anonymous said...

I got tears in my eyes when i read this... oh how sweet he is.

Shiree Kathleen said...

It was me how got tears in her eyes not someone anonymous. I love your blog its wonderful. We dont feel so far away when we get updates. Love you guys.

Jessica said...

that is SOOOOOOO sweet!!! What a sweet little guy!