Friday, August 29, 2008

Broken Arm Update...

Elijah finally had his long awaited appointment with the Orthopaedic Doctor yesterday. I am happy to say...it went so good! Earlier this week Elijah slipped and fell getting out of our Expedition and landed on his broken arm. He hit his head and ear on some bricks in our garage and there was blood everywhere. I was so scared. I heard him scream and I went over to him and didn't know where the blood was coming from. He didn't even realize he had hit his head or cut his ear because of his arm being in so much pain. After I got him calmed down and cleaned up, I called the doctor. He said if his arm moved out of place there was not much they could do and to just wait to see him on his regular scheduled appointment which was in two days. Thursday was his appointment and Will came with me this time. I had no idea what was in store. Elijah got a couple X-rays taken and it was a miracle! The bones in his arm were more aligned then the last time! When he fell, it actually helped move them into place! We were so excited! Now we are just hoping that they stay in place long enough for the bones to heal. We go back on the 11th to see how things are progressing. Thanks everyone for your continued prayers! So far still no surgery needed...yea!!

2 comments:

Olivia said...

Wow, what a relief--to hear that the fall actually helped! Poor Elijah, though!

Jessica said...

oh my gosh, you have had more than your fair of accidents lately! I am glad to hear a bad situation actually helped! I hope he just heals up without any further intervention!